The building is constructed of face brick with quoining details to windows and corners.The roof is clad in corrugated iron with two prominent gables at either end featuring plaques with the date of the building. The awning structure and original gable barge boards have been replaced with plain profiles in contrast to those seen at Tarana.
This rail traffic saw the town of Rydal next to the station flourish but as traffic slowed down the town also shrank as people moved away. , also showing the goods shed and crane which was once in place.When the first passenger train arrived in Rydal on 1 July 1870 the This situation was only rectified in 2005 when the Hon.The second platform has what is an interesting feature which is curved and sloping brick retaining walls at the rear of the platform.SIGNAL BOX This is a small modest Signal box Type 3, dating from 1914.This is an community run / operational heritage station found on the NSW Western Line.
STATION HISTORY Rydal opened as a small local but important station in 1869, in an era as the main and branch lines expanded outwards from Sydney and raced across the country side towards towns and villages across NSW.Rydal is located on the Main Western line between Lithgow and Bathurst and was built as the main line headed towards Bathurst.The station officially opened on 1 July 1870 and upon completion Rydal was for a short time the line terminus station.It is unusual in design not appearing to be a standard structure.It is a relatively rare structure as it is not directly related to the platform or to track side.It has a skillion roof timber clad design, which was typical to duplication works early in the 20th century.